KoSa® Synthetic Ligament
KoSa® Hochfest Ligament has significantly different mechanical properties from all other polyethylene terephthalates synthetic ligaments and has been successfully used for reconstruction surgery since 1980.
KoSa® Hochfest Ligament tensile strength is considerably greater than that of the natural cruciate ligament. This compensates for the expected fatigue of the synthetic material under prolonged stress after implantation.
OTHER SYNTHETIC LIGAMENTS HAVE FAILED IN THE PAST, WHY HAS THE KoSa® Hochfest CONTINUED TO BE UTILIZED FOR OVER 20 YEARS?
1. The patent-protected technique of twisting at a defined pretension with the help of a tensiometer allows the surgeon to give the KoSa® Hochfest Ligament a modulus of elasticity equivalent to that of the natural cruciate ligament.
2. FLAT STRUCTURE of the KoSa® Hochfest Ligament allows the surgeon to create a twisted/circular ligament in the joint space while lying flat at the exit tunnels.
3. FLAT STRUCTURE of the KoSa® Hochfest Ligament and the defined mesh size ensures freedom from contamination and pyrogens.
4. Due to the strength and small dimension, the KoSa® Hochfest Ligament is inserted into minimal and less traumatic size holes (4.5 mm).
5. The FLAT, WOVEN structure of the KoSa® Hochfest Ligament makes it ideal for augmentation to protect the autogenous material used during the early rehab period.
8 mm wide x 300 mm long KoSa® Hochfest Ligament for cruciate reconstruction
5 mm wide x 300 mm long KoSa® Hochfest Ligament for augmentation/protection
3 mm wide x 300 mm long KoSa® Hochfest Ligament for augmentation/protection
Other sizes and lengths are available